What is F1000Prime?
A continually updated collection of over 145,000 recommendations of top articles in biology and medicine, contributed by the F1000 Faculty.
Covering more than 3,700 peer-reviewed journals and updated daily, the data are easily navigated by subject area or advanced search.
Unique tools allow creation of highly personalized article feeds and alerts to provide users with the most relevant and up-to-date content from F1000Prime and PubMed too.
Watch a recorded online demonstration (webinar) of the key features of F1000Prime here.
Composed of Heads of Faculty, Section Heads and more than 5,000 Faculty Members, assisted by their Associate Faculty Members.
Nobel Laureates, Lasker Award winners and Fellows of the Royal Society.
Highly respected in their chosen fields and nominated by their peers.
- Articles are collated by Faculty and Section (subspecialty) and can be filtered by classifications such as ‘new finding’, ‘controversial’ and ‘changes clinical practice’, as well as by article type.
- Recommendations are brief, accessible reviews, highlighting the key findings and putting the work into context, accompanied by star ratings.
- Articles and Faculty Members can be ‘followed’ and users alerted of new recommendations or comments.
Star ratings and rankings
- All articles on F1000Prime are recommended, but the Faculty Members rate them as either Good (), Very Good (), or Exceptional ().
- Combined star ratings from multiple recommendations of the same article are used to rank the articles within each Faculty.
- The highest-ranked articles are listed for all of biology and medicine, and for each of the Faculty subject areas. Categories include All Time and Current Top 10s, Hidden Jewels, as well as All Time and Current Most Viewed.
- F1000Prime Reports is an open access journal that expands on the recommended literature coverage of F1000Prime by publishing unique, peer-reviewed reports to provide context for emerging themes in biology and medicine.
- F1000Prime Section Heads ensure coverage of the latest advances by selecting topics and nominating authors to write reports.
- Indexed and/or abstracted by PubMed, PubMed Central, Scopus, Embase, Global Health, and CAB Abstracts.
- Highlights exciting research featured in F1000Prime, along with interviews and videos of the people behind it.
- An inside look at the conversation around F1000Prime’s most viewed and most highly rated articles.
- Awards and news from the scientific and F1000 communities, as well as new features and developments from behind the scenes at F1000Prime.
As well as your personalized homepage, F1000Prime offers many ways to tailor content to be delivered on screen or by email:
- Selected Sections: find and save the Sections in F1000Prime that best cover your areas of interest.
- Stored Searches: save your Recommended Article searches, PubMed searches and F1000 SmartSearches - easily refined and re-run any time.
- Follow Articles and Faculty Members: to be alerted to the latest recommendations.
Other services from F1000
F1000Research is a revolutionary open access journal in biology and medicine that offers immediate publication; open and attributed formal peer review, post-publication; open revision of work; and requires full data deposition and sharing.
An open access repository of conference posters and oral presentations from across biology and medicine providing a permanent, structured environment as well as a venue for ongoing discussion and development of the information being presented.
What to do next?
Take out an individual subscription for $9.95 per month, the first month of your subscription will be free of charge.
Features of F1000Prime include:
- >> Access to the article recommendations, comments and ratings
- >> See how articles are ranked in each field
- >> A personalized homepage with the latest most relevant articles
- >> Customized searches and alerts of F1000Prime and PubMed
- >> Clever SmartSearches that learn from your feedback
- >> NEW: F1000Journal Clubs - an innovative, online toolbox to help you create, organize & manage your journal club