Professor of Psychiatry and Director of the laboratory of Psychopharmacology at the 'Dipartimento di Psichiatria, Neurobiologia, Farmacologia e Biotecnologie', University of Pisa
• SIP (Italian Society for Psychiatry)
• SINS (Italian Society for Neuroscience)
• SIPNI (Italian Society for Psychoneuroimmunology)
• ENA (European Neuroscience Association)
• ECNP (European College of Neuropharmacology)
• ISN (International Society for Neurochemistry)
• ISPN (International Society for Psychoendocrinology)
• Serotonin Club, APE (European Association of Psychiatry)
• Society for Biological Psychiatry
• New York Academy of Sciences
• CINP (The International College of Neuropsychopharmacology)
• SOPSI (Società Italiana di Psicopatologia)
Dr Marazziti is member of the WPA section for OCD, member of the International Council for OCD, secretary of the Italian Society of Psychiatry and of the Italian Group for OCD and past member of the executive committee of the ECNP and current member of the award committee of the CINP.
She is on the editorial board of the following journals: 'European Neuropsychopharmacology','Fundamental and Clinical Pharmacology', 'CNS Spectrums'.
RESEARCH PROJECTS IN PROGRESS:
• Peripheral serotonergic and dopaminergic markers in healthy subjects and neuropsychiatric patients: correlations with personality traits, clinical status and pharmacological response.
• In situ hybridization of different neuroreceptors in human brain from healthy subjects and psychiatric patients (brain provided by the US NAMI) and in peripheral cells.
• Biochemical characterization of an endogenous ligand (BBIA) acting on benzodiazepine central receptor.
• Molecular biology of some neuroreceptors in mood disorders.
• Second messengers coupled to serotonin transporter and serotonergic receptors.
The biochemistry of love
In the role of Faculty Member, Donatella Marazziti contributes recommendations and reviews to the Mood Disorders Section in the Psychiatry Faculty, writing brief accessible comments to summarize the value of the articles and adding rating score.
The Faculty comprises Heads of Faculty, Heads of Section, Faculty Members and Associate Faculty Members, as well as an International Advisory Board.
Read more about F1000Prime »