Associate Professor of Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
• MD, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
• Residency in Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA
• Fellowship in Gastroenterology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA
• Postdoctoral Fellowship, Department of Pediatric Genetics, University of Washington, Seattle, WA
Rahul won a number of scientific awards to further the efforts of division research in ulcerative colitis, liver transplant, IBD, endoscopy, colorectal cancer, Hepatitis B and C and hemochromatosis, as well as pancreatic and epithelial cell secretions.
• Physiology of gallbladder and biliary epithelium, using techniques of cell culture, biochemistry, cellular and molecular biology
• Relationship between CFTR and mucin secretion
• Functional interactions between CFTR and the ileal bile acid transporter
• Functional interactions between CFTR and P-glycoprotein
• Mechanisms of cholesterol transport in gallbladder epithelial cells
In the role of Faculty Member, Rahul Kuver contributes recommendations and reviews to the Biliary Tract Section in the Gastroenterology & Hepatology Faculty, writing brief accessible comments to summarize the value of the articles and adding rating score.
The Faculty comprises Heads of Faculty, Heads of Section, Faculty Members and Associate Faculty Members, as well as an International Advisory Board.
Read more about F1000Prime »