Piotr Czauderna is Professor and Head of the Department (since October 2004) at the Clinic of Pediatric Surgery of the Medical University of Gdansk, Poland.
• Consultant Pediatric Surgeon (from December 2002) and Acting Head of Surgery Department (from July 2003 until September 2004) of the Insurance Hospital, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
• Surgical consultant in the Regional Children's Hospital of Gdansk from 1996-2002
ADDITIONAL SCIENTIFIC APPOINTMENTS:
• Past Chairman (for two terms) and previously Surgical co-chairman of the International Childhood Liver Tumors Strategy Group (SIOPEL)
• National Coordinator of the Polish Pediatric Liver Tumors Study Group
• Surgical Coordinator of the Polish Group for Germ Cell Tumors in Children
Secretary of the Pediatric Surgery Section of the European Union of Medical Specialists (UEMS)
• President of the Polish Association of Pediatric Surgeons (from 2012)
• Past member of an Executive Board of the International Society of Pediatric Oncologic Surgeons (2002-2006)
• Polish Association of Pediatric Surgeons - presently acting as its President
• Polish Association for the Treatment of Burns
• Polish Association of Pediatric Hematology and Oncology
• Baltic Association of Pediatric Surgeons
• International Association for Pediatric Surgical Oncology (IPSO)
• International Society of Pediatric Oncology (SIOP)
• International Pediatric Endosurgery Group (IPEG)
• European Burns Association (EBA)
• European Society of Pediatric Endoscopic Surgery (ESPES) – formerly the member of its Executive Board
Pediatric oncology (especially liver tumors and treatment of hepatocellular carcinoma in children and adolescents), applications of minimally invasive techniques in pediatric surgery and in paediatric oncology.
In the role of Faculty Member, Piotr Czauderna contributes recommendations and reviews to the Pediatric Oncology Section in the Oncology Faculty, writing brief accessible comments to summarize the value of the articles and adding rating score.
The Faculty comprises Heads of Faculty, Heads of Section, Faculty Members and Associate Faculty Members, as well as an International Advisory Board.
Read more about F1000Prime »