Norbert LameireRenal Division, University Hospital Gent, Gent, Belgium F1000 Head of Faculty (since 19 February 2008)
- Full professor of Medicine, Medical Faculty of Ghent
- Chief of the Renal Division, University Hospital
- Emeritus Professor of Medicine, Medical Faculty of the Ghent University.
- Chairman Department Internal Medicine, 1999 - 2004. Uni. Gent.
Any industry positions (last five years):
Dr Lameire's interests include both basic research, i.e. renal circulation in experimental ARF and the peritoneal circulation, as well as clinical topics, including clinical ARF, peritoneal dialysis, and organisational and economic aspects of chronic renal replacement therapy and transplantation.
Any other information:
Professor Lameire serves on the editorial boards of many medical societies and associations including:
- Chairman Commission, 1997-2003.
- Officer of the Belg. Soc. Internal Med., 1991-
- Chairman Renal Disaster Relief Task Force - European Branch, till 2005.
- Editor in Chief Acta Clinica Belgica (Journal of the Belgian Society Internal Med) 1997-
- Deputy editor of Nephrology, Dialysis, Transplantation from 1999-2005.
- Chairman, International Society Nephrology Commission of ARF, 1997-2003.
- Elected council member Association Medical Schools in Europe (Amse), 2000-2002.
- Member Executive International Society Nephrology, 2004
- Member of the editorial board of the American Journal of Kidney Diseases.
Prizes and Awards
- Honorary Membership of the International Society of Nephrology.
- Awarded with the Price of Internal Medicine of Dr Schamelhout-Koettlitz from the Belgian Royal Academy of Medicine
- Honorary Award from the American National Kidney Foundation in 2000.
- Doctor honoris causa, Kaunas Medical Academy, Lithuania, 2001.
Norbert Lameire has been added to your "Faculty I'm Following" page in MyF1000
Follow/Unfollow any Faculty via their recommendations, biography pages, or MyF1000