• Professor of Anaesthesia, University of Cambridge
• Head of the Division of Anaesthetics, University of Cambridge
• British Oxygen Professor at the Royal College of Anaesthetists
• Honorary consultant in Neurointensive care, Addenbrookes Hospital
• Co-Chair, Acute Brain Injury Programme, Wolfson Brain Imaging Centre
• Section Head for Neurosurgicial Anaesthesia, part of the Intensive Care National Audit and Research Centre (ICNARC)
• Member of the European Brain Injury Consortium (EBIC)
• Member of the Board of Directors of Intensive Care Society, UK
Professor Menon is an elected fellow of the Academy of Medical Sciences, Royal College of Physicians and Royal College of Anaesthetists.
The research program of the University Division of Anaesthesia has aimed to understand regional cerebral pathophysiology to advance the care of critically ill patients after brain injury, from initial ictus, through recovery from coma and rehabilitation, to final outcome.
In the role of Section Head, David Menon oversees the Neurosurgical Care Section in the Anesthesiology & Pain Management Faculty, including advising on the division of the Section into topics and the selection of suitable Faculty Members who actively review the literature in each of the topic areas.
The Faculty comprises Heads of Faculty, Heads of Section, Faculty Members and Associate Faculty Members, as well as an International Advisory Board.
Read more about F1000Prime »