• Milner T Reid Professor of Chemical Sciences
• Professor of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering
• Professor of Chemistry
• Professor of Biochemistry, Center for Biophysics and Computational Biology
• Member, Bioengineering Faculty
• Research Professor, Micro and Nanotechnology Laboratory
We are using molecular force measurements to eludicate the structural basis of the mechanical properties of adhesion proteins and the materials that comprise the extracellular matrix. These studies focus on the structure-function relationships of proteins and of biomembranes. Recent work has shown that multidomain adhesion proteins may use multiple domains to undergo homophilic binding with identical proteins on adjacent cells. this was initially demonstrated with cadherin, but we are currently investigating the interactions of NCAM and L1.
In the role of Faculty Member, Deborah Leckband contributes recommendations and reviews to the Cell Adhesion & Migration Section in the Cell Biology Faculty, writing brief accessible comments to summarize the value of the articles and adding rating score.
The Faculty comprises Heads of Faculty, Heads of Section, Faculty Members and Associate Faculty Members, as well as an International Advisory Board.
Read more about F1000Prime »