• Research Professor, University of Manchester
• Honorary Research Fellow, Lady Margaret Hall, Oxford
• 1972 BA Physiology & Biophysics, University of Cambridge
• 1975 BM, BCh University of Oxford
• 1977 MRCP (UK)
• 1982 DM University of Oxford
• 1990 FRCP (London)
• 1999 FACC
• American Heart Association, Basic Science Council
• Association of Clinical Professors of Medicine
• Association of Physicians of Great Britain & Ireland
• British Cardiovascular Society
• British Society for Cardiovascular Research
• International Society for Heart Research
• The Physiological Society
• MRC Training Fellowship, 1979
• Chairman, British Society for Cardiovascular Research, 1990-1993
• Regional Lecturer, Royal College of Physicians, 1993
• Scientific Committee (Cellular Electrophysiology), European Society of Cardiology, 1992-2000
• Fellowships Committee, British Heart Foundation, 1995-2000
Professor Hart has a very broad experience in cardiovascular medicine and physiology. He has recently acted as supervisor for MD and PhD fellows in studies of pacing for heart failure, PCI technology, intravascular ultrasound, the impact of type II diabetes on myocardial gene expression, and many other areas. His principal research activity at the present time concerns the effects of heart failure on gene expression in the cardiac conduction system and the myocardium, and is carried out in collaboration with Professor Mark Boyett (University of Manchester).
In the role of Section Head, George Hart oversaw the Cardiovascular Physiology / Circulation Section in the Physiology Faculty, including advising on the division of the Section into topics and the selection of suitable Faculty Members who actively review the literature in each of the topic areas.
The Faculty comprises Heads of Faculty, Heads of Section, Faculty Members and Associate Faculty Members, as well as an International Advisory Board.
Read more about F1000Prime »