David KerrDepartment of Clinical Pharmacology, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK F1000 Section Head (since 16 November 2005)
BIOGRAPHYDavid J Kerr, CBE, MA MD DSc FRCP (Glas & Lon) FMedSci
- Rhodes Professor of Clinical Pharmacology and Cancer Therapeutics
- Head of the Department of Clinical Pharmacology, University of Oxford
Any industry positions (last five years):
Professor Kerr has undertaken consultancy work for AstraZeneca, Roche, Sanofi-Aventis and Kudos
He has an international reputation for treatment for and research into colorectal cancer, and he is developing new approaches to cancer treatment which involve gene therapy.
Any other information:
- The quality of his work has been recognised by the award of several international prizes including the ESMO award and the first NHS Nye-Bevan award for innovation.
- He has published more than 350 articles in peer-reviewed journals and has contributed to many books on cancer.
- Professor Kerr has produced a 20 year plan for the future of the NHS in Scotland
- Editor-in-Chief of Annals of Oncology, Europe 's premier medical oncology journal
- Editorial broad of several other journals including Nature Clinical Practice Oncology.
- Fellow of the Academy of Medical Sciences in 2000
- Commander of the British Empire in 2002
David Kerr has been added to your "Faculty I'm Following" page in MyF1000
Follow/Unfollow any Faculty via their recommendations, biography pages, or MyF1000