Bone & Mineral Metabolism Recommendations
To view Article Recommendations, you must have an active subscription.
If your access has expired, you can subscribe at $9.95 per month, the first month of your subscription will be free of charge.
If you think you should be able to access this content, please contact us.
New to F1000? See this week’s top article below for a free preview of a Recommendation.
Metabolic Diseases Branch, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD, USA
- » Basic science developments (receptors, channels, signaling mechanisms, immune mechanisms, apoptosis)
- » Drugs affecting bone and mineral metabolism
- » Extra-skeletal calcification and ossification
- » Genetic and developmental disorders and mouse models
- » Hypercalcemia not mediated by parathyroid hormone (i.e. due to tumoral factors)
- » Hyperparathyroidism (primary, secondary and tertiary)
- » Hypoparathyroid disorders (incl. pseudohypoparathyroid and other disorders of low parathyroid or PTH-resistance states)
- » Osteoporosis
- » Other disorders of mineral homeostasis (calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, etc.)
- » Other metabolic bone disorders (osteomalacia, vitamin D deficiency and resistance, oncogenous osteomalacia, etc.)
- » Paget's disease
- » Renal osteodystrophy
- » Renal tubular disorders, hypercalciuria and kidney stones
- » Skeletal dysplasias (osteogenesis imperfecta, fibrous dysplasia, osteopetrosis)
A mechanism for active vitamin D in controlling the migratory behavior of circulating osteoclast precursors is long sought after. The authors of this study found that active vitamin D reduced the expression of sphingosine-...
TOP RATED ARTICLE THIS WEEK [FREE TO VIEW]
1 Recommendation, most recent by
Get instant access to Article Recommendations from more than 5,000 expert scientists and clinical researchers, assisted by 5,000 associates, by taking out a monthly subscription. The first month of your subscription will be free of charge.
Start your personal subscription today.Subscribe for $9.95/month
Send a recommendation to your institution's librarian or information manager to request an extended free trial for all users.Recommend to your Librarian
If you are a librarian or information manager, you may request an extended free trial for your academic or corporate institution.Request an Institutional Trial
your institution might be eligible for free access via our sponsorship scheme. Check our sponsorship page.