Why you need F1000Prime
- »Rapid post-publication assessment: key articles highlighted within days of publication
- »Time-saving: only the best articles are included
- »Authoritative: provides opinions from peer-nominated experts
- »Systematic & comprehensive: covering more than 3500 journals, including more than 850 journal tables of contents that are scanned systematically for key articles in your areas of interest as well as in neighboring fields
- »Multidisciplinary: Multiple recommendations and evaluation comments of articles provide varied perspectives
- »Interactive: You can nominate articles for inclusion in F1000Prime and add user comments
- »Clinically applicable: highlights articles that change clinical practice, as interpreted by respected leaders in the field
Key features of F1000Prime's Article Recommendation service
- »Evaluation comments of the key articles identified by the Faculty can be viewed by subscribers and authors of recently recommended articles (who are offered complimentary 3-month subscriptions).
- »Article scores next to each article indicate the total number of points or stars awarded to that article by the recommending Faculty Members.
- »Article rankings are calculated from the article scores and are used to identify current and all time Top 10 articles in each Faculty.
- »Hidden Jewels highlight important articles published in specialist journals within each Faculty or Section.
- »Dissenting opinions can be posted by Faculty Members if they feel an article should not have been included in F1000Prime or that a more critical opinion is warranted.
- »User comments can be made by registered subscribers and authors of recently recommended articles. Comments by the Faculty Member and the author will be flagged as such.
- »MyF1000 enables you to set up and customize your own pages to display the most recently recommended articles within your areas of interest and also store searches,create F1000 SmartSearches and set up customized email alerts and review your user comments.
- »F1000Prime Reports is an open access journal that expands on the recommended literature coverage of F1000Prime by publishing unique, peer-reviewed reports to provide context on emerging themes in biology and medicine. F1000Prime Section Heads ensure coverage of the latest advances by selecting topics and nominating authors. The journal is indexed and/or abstracted by PubMed, PubMed Central, Scopus, Embase, Global Health and CAB Abstracts.